Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Before + After | Kitchen Makeover

The kitchen in this home was perfectly functional and didn't need to be completely ripped out and replaced with a brand spanking new one. My clients simply wanted to update it & put their own (very stylish) stamp on it. I loved assisting these guys with their kitchen, they are super styley & had a clear idea of what they wanted to achieve. We are all stoked with the final result, I hope you enjoy checking it out.
BEFORE
AFTER
The key areas that needed to be updated or replaced were the cabinetry colour, cabinetry handles, rangehood, lighting, tapware, benchtop and flooring. I started by compiling a selection of images for inspiration and then after gaining a fairly good idea of their aesthetic I put the ideas together on a concept board.





CONCEPT BOARD


One of my favourite products in the new kitchen is the cylindrical rangehood. It has visually broken up all the straight lines in the kitchen and added interest to the space.


Another key decision in here was to ensure that the tiles went all the way to the ceiling to aid in making this relatively small kitchen feel larger and lighter. 


Instead of replacing all the original cabinets & handles, we decided to get them powdercoated in white. The inspiration for this look was from this image of a Vipp kitchen.
To finish it off, simple and practical kitchen items were added to the benchtop and are in keeping with the predominantly black and white colour palette in the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the changes that were made in this kitchen makeover. Sometimes a makeover is needed once in a while. I often get bored of the way rooms in my house look if I don't change them up frequently. I tend to rearrange furniture in my living room and in my kitchen frequently to make it look different. I think my kitchen is due for a bigger makeover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! I love reading them all :)